25 May 2012

X - EXERCISES Will & Be going to II

Related links:

Grammar - The future

COMPLETE THE GAPS USING WILL OR BE GOING TO

1. A: I've got a terrible headache.
B: Do you? Wait here and I …………………………………… (get) you some aspirin.

2. A: Why are you filling that bucket with water?
B: I …………………………………… (wash) the car.

3. A: I've decided to repaint this room.
B: Oh, you have? What color …………………………………… (you/paint) it?

4. A: Look! There's smoke coming out of that house. It's on fire!
B: Oh no! I …………………………………… (call) the fire department right away.

5. A: The ceiling in this room doesn't look very safe, does it?
B: No, it looks as if it …………………………………… (fall) down.

6. A: Where are you going? Are you going shopping?
B: Yes, I …………………………………… (buy) something for dinner.

7. A: I can't figure out how to use this camera.
B: It's easy. I …………………………………… (show) you.

8. A: What would you like to have: coffee or tea?
B: I …………………………………… (have) coffee, please.

9. A: Has George decided what to do when he finishes school?
B: Oh yes. Everything is settled. He …………………………………… (take) a vacation for a few weeks, and then he …………………………………… (start) a computer programming course.

10. A: Did you mail that letter for me?
B: Oh, I'm sorry. I completely forgot. I …………………………………… (do) it now.

11. A: What shall we have for dinner?
B: I don't know. I can't make up my mind.
A: Come on, hurry up! Make a decision!
B: Okay. We …………………………………… (have) chicken.

12. JESS: We need some bread for lunch.
DANY: Oh, we do? I …………………………………… (go) to the store and get some. I feel like taking a walk.
Before he goes out, Dany talks to Jane:
DANY: I …………………………………… (get) some bread. Do you want anything from the store?
JANE: Yes, I need some envelopes.
DANY: Okay, I …………………………………… (get) you some.

13. John has to go to the airport to catch a plane. He doesn't have a car:
JOHN: Toshi, can you take me to the airport tonight?
TOSHI: Of course I …………………………………… (take) you. I'd be happy to.
Later that day Eric offers to take John to the airport:
ERIC: John, do you want me to take you to the airport?
JOHN: No thanks, Eric. Toshi …………………………………… (take) me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. I'll get
2. I'm going to wash
3. are you going to paint
4. I'll call
5. it is going to fall
6. I'm going to buy
7. I'll show
8. I'll have
9. he is going to take ... he is going to start
10. I'll do
11. we'll have
12. I'll go ... I'm going to get ... I'll get
13. I'll take ... Toshi is going to take

0 Comments:

Post a Comment