26 May 2012

XI - EXERCISES Modal verbs I

Related links:

Modal verbs 

Choose the right modal verb:

1.    It's a hospital. You  smoke.
2.    He had been working for more than 11 hours. He   be tired after such hard work. He  prefer to get some rest.
3.    I  speak Arabic fluently when I was a child and we lived in Morocco. But after we moved back to Canada, I had very little exposure to the language and forgot almost everything I knew as a child. Now, I  just say a few things in the language.
4.    The teacher said we   read this book for our own pleasure as it is optional. But we  read it if we don't want to.
5.     you stand on your head for more than a minute? No, I  .
6.    Take an umbrella. It  rain later.
7.    You  leave small objects lying around . Such objects  be swallowed by children.
8.    People  walk on grass.
9.    Drivers  stop when the traffic lights are red.
10. I ask a question? Yes, of course.
11. you speak Italian? No, I  .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.    It's a hospital. You mustn't smoke.
2.    He had been working for more than 11 hours. He must be tired after such hard work. He may prefer to get some rest.
3.    could speak Arabic fluently when I was a child and we lived in Morocco. But after we moved back to Canada, I had very little exposure to the language and forgot almost everything I knew as a child. Now, I can just say a few things in the language.
4.    The teacher said we can read this book for our own pleasure as it is optional. But we musn't read it if we don't want to.
5.    Can you stand on your head for more than a minute? No, I can't.
6.    Take an umbrella. It might rain later.
7.    You shouldn't leave small objects lying around. Such objects may be swallowed by children.
8.    People mustn't walk on grass.
9.    Drivers must stop when the traffic lights are red.
10. May I ask a question? Yes, of course.
11. Can you speak Italian? No, I can't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment