29 June 2012

XXI - EXERCISES Modal verbs IV


Related grammar:


Choose the correct form and modal / conditional verb:

               1: She _______________ French and Japanese.                                             

a. does can speak
b. can speaks
c. is can speak
d. can speak


               2: When I was young my father ____________ me a story every evening before I went to sleep.                                          

a. will told
b. would told
c. would tell
d. can tell


               3: I _______________ the exam. I only answered two of the ten questions.

a. can't be passed
b. couldn't have pass
c. can't have pass
d. none of the above


               4: Excuse me sir. You ____________ smoke here. It's against the rules. Didn't you see the sign?                              

a. couldn't
b. can't
c. can
d. must


               5: After quite a few attempts, he finally ____________ smoking last year.          

a. managed to give up
b. could give up
c. managed to giving up
d. none of the above


               6: He knows he ____________ on a diet but he's just got no will power.              

a. should ought to go
b. ought should go
c. ought to go
d. oughts go


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

               1: She _______________ French and Japanese.                                             

e. does can speak
f. can speaks
g. is can speak
h. can speak



               2: When I was young my father ____________ me a story every evening before I went to sleep.                                          

e. will told
f. would told
g. would tell
h. can tell



               3: I _______________ the exam. I only answered two of the ten questions.

e. can't be passed
f. couldn't have pass
g. can't have pass
h. none of the above



               4: Excuse me sir. You ____________ smoke here. It's against the rules. Didn't you see the sign?                              

e. couldn't
f. can't
g. can
h. must



               5: After quite a few attempts, he finally ____________ smoking last year.          

e. managed to give up
f. could give up
g. managed to giving up
h. none of the above



               6: He knows he ____________ on a diet but he's just got no will power.              

e. should ought to go
f. ought should go
g. ought to go
h. oughts go

0 Comments:

Post a Comment