14 June 2012

XV - EXERCISES Past tenses I


Related links:

Verb tenses timeline chart
Verb tenses
Verb tenses guide


SIMPLE PAST, PRESENT PERFECT CONTINUOUS, PAST PERFECT, PAST PERFECT CONTINUOUS

Exercise one:

Choose the correct option:

I must have a break. I ……………………….………………… so long.

          A.      Have been driving
          B.      Had been driving

Before we parked our car we……………………….………………… the ticket.

          A.      Collected
          B.      Had collected

I arrived on Sunday. I……………………….………………… at home for two days.

          A.      Was not
          B.      Had not been

The roads were blocked in the morning. It……………………….………………… all night.

          A.      Had snowed
          B.      Had been snowing

They got to the beach after they ……………………….………………… for hours.

          A.      Were walking
          B.      Had been walking

She called the police when she……………………….………………… the light in the hall.

          A.      Saw
          B.      Had seen

His English was perfect. He……………………….………………… it since he started school.

          A.      Was studying
          B.      Had been studying

I was really hungry. I……………………….………………… anything since the morning.

          A.      Had not eaten
          B.      Had not been eating

She doesn't go to work. She……………………….………………… since last week.

          A.      Has been ill
          B.      Had been ill

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exercise one: 

I must have a break. I have been driving so long.
Before we parked our car we had collected the ticket.
I arrived on Sunday. I had not been at home for two days.
The roads were blocked in the morning. It had been snowing all night.
They got to the beach after they had been walking for hours.
She called the police when she had seen the light in the hall.
His English was perfect. He had been studying it since he started school.
I was really hungry. I had not eaten anything since the morning.
She doesn't go to work. She has been ill since last week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment