26 June 2012

IX - GRAMMAR Booking a hotel room


MAKING A RESERVATION

Checking availability

Do you have any vacancies?     
From what date?           
For how many nights? 
How long will you be staying for?           
-          one night   
-          two nights 
-          a week        
-          a fortnight (two weeks (USA))       
What sort of room would you like?       
I'd like a...          
-          single room              
-          double room            
-          twin room 
-          triple room
-          suite            
I'd like a room with...    
-          an en-suite bathroom         
-          a bath          
-          a shower    
-          a view         
-          a sea view 
-          a balcony   
I'd like...             
-          half board  
-          full board   
Could we have an extra bed?   


Asking about facilities

Does the room have ...?             
-          internet access       
-          air conditioning       
-          television   
Is there a ...?    
-          swimming pool       
-          sauna          
-          gym              
-          beauty salon            
-          lift 
Do you allow pets?        
Do you have wheelchair access?            
Do you have a car park?          

Discussing terms

What’s the price per night?       
Is breakfast included?  
That’s a bit more than I wanted to pay
Can you offer me any discount?             
Have you got anything ...?         
-          cheaper      
-          bigger          
-          quieter       
Could I see the room? 


Making the booking

OK, I'll take it    
I'd like to make a reservation   
What’s your name, please?      
Could I take your name?            
Can I take your ...?        
-          credit card number               
-          telephone number               
What time will you be arriving?           

Things you might see

Vacancies          
No vacancies    

0 Comments:

Post a Comment